Sunday 1 September 2013

Love Thy Neighbour

One of the most tedious recurring events for the single girl is the inappropriate advances from a cringey old bloke. In this instance, I am fairly sure that my next door neighbour was macking on me.
The conversation started out like any other innocent exchange between a 24 year old & her married 45 year old next door neighbour; he asked if I had a good time at V, had a middle-aged attempt at banter concerning flying cups of piss & festival traffic, cursed the young generations for their general lack of decency, asked how old I am (I look about 12), then shit got awkward. 
"Can't understand how you're single", "you're so down-to-earth", "sometimes I feel awkward talking to you", "never see you with lads these days". 

"Cos you're all a bunch of emotionally draining horny wankers!" 

God it would be awesome to scream that in someone's face. Obviously, I went about it in my typically English middle class way and smiled politely while making a slightly passive-aggressive remark about turning lesbian. 

This entry was initially supposed to be longer, but I'm cream crackered and would rather google search for relevant Ryan Gosling memes right now. 

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment